What is the IL-AFAA:
The IL-AFAA is committed to influencing codes and standards at all levels to make buildings safer through the proper application of automatic fire detection and fire alarm systems. It actively participates in the code change process of International Code Conference (ICC) with focus on the IBC, IFC and IRC national codes; and the key NFPA Codes/Standards with focus on NFPA 72 National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code and 101 Life Safety Code.
Membership Levels (Click membership level to select):
Corporate: $250 – Entitles up to 3 designated individuals within a single local corporation or the local branch of a multi-state corporation to the benefits listed below
Individual: $95 – All active individual memberships include benefits listed below
Individual 3-year: $255.00 – 3 year individual membership with 10% discount
Auxiliary: $75 – Any individual who is an employee of a national AFAA Manufacturing or Corporate Member who wants to individually support the IL-AFAA.
AHJ: Free – Includes all code officials responsible for code compliance or with AHJ discretionary powers in local government agencies
Government Employee: $50.00 – Includes Federal, State, and Local Agencies/Governments and Public and Private higher education (colleges and universities), K-12, and other similar institutions
Retiree: Free – Any active individual who transitions into retired status and who wishes to remain connections with the IL-AFAA.
- Discounts for membership meeting attendance
- Discounts for Fire Alarm Summit technical & code related seminars
- Free access to all membership meeting presentations
- IL-AFAA provides technical assistance on interpretations of codes and standards
- IL-AFAA influences codes and standards that benefit the fire alarm industry
- IL-AFAA has representatives looking out for your interest on many NFPA Technical Committees
- IL-AFAA participates in the code development process of the International Building and Fire Codes
- IL-AFAA promotes certification via seminars by NICET recognized training providers